One of the main duty of the Society of Petroleum Engineer, Italian Section as well, is the continue sharing of knowhow, data and experiences, with the main purpose to leverage the level of knowledge in the association and to improve the level of networking between the members.
The organization of a list of events during the year is crucial to pursue these targets, the different meeting moments are divided among:
- Technical lectures and Distinguished lectures about specific topics done by Italian SPE members and International Experts involved in the Oil business
- Technical Award referred to students and SPE members particularly worthy: the “Alves Badini Award” and the “Gustavo Sclocchi Theses Award”
- Annual Social Dinners twice a year, normally in the middle of the year and at Christmas time
The Young Professional SPE group is done by people younger than 35 year old, one of the main goals is trying to increase interest and enthusiasm around the group, increasing the number of associates and increasing the direct participation of the people, reinforcing the position in the Italian region and going international.
The kind of events organized by the YP board are:
- Specific Workshops; during 2014-15 the challenging program called the “Beyond Energy” has been put in place, made of 5 events inviting high level International Speakers with a strong SPE Background.
- Business Visits: a series of visits at companies reserved to young professional members with the aim to offer them a real taste of the Oil & Gas activities
- ALP (Ambassador Lectures Programs) in different Universities with the aim to reinforce the link between students and SPE; the last 2 events organized have been in the Turin Politecnico, University of Salerno, University of Tirana and La Sapienza in Rome.
- Social events to improve the connection in the SPE YP Italian section and to proselytize SPE association between other young professional and students.